We Are OPEN!!
We are so excited to be back doing what we love – Serving You!
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- During this time, we are restricting patients from sitting in the waiting room. Also, you may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, coffee, snacks and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- When you arrive, please stay in your car and call or text to let us know you arrived for your appointment. We will escort you into the lobby for screening when your provider is ready.
- We created two separate check-in & screening areas that keep patients from encountering each other when arriving at the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Our team is working hard to contact every patient that had a scheduled appointment during quarantine. Please be patient with us and we will do our best to contact you before May 15th to reschedule.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 972-347-1145.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends!