At Prosper Family Dentistry we are proud to offer our in-house iCAT Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging System, which allows Prosper Family Dentistry’s doctors to provide quick, comfortable, safe and effective dental imaging for the most precise dental health diagnosis possible.
Information not visible using standard 2D X-rays is now available using 3D imaging technology for a more thorough evaluation and diagnosis. Prosper Family Dentistry’s doctors use this state-of-the-art imaging to help provide you with the most comprehensive treatment possible.iCAT technology provides 3D data for:
- Dental implants
- Wisdom Teeth extractions
- Evaluations of Impacted Teeth
- TMJ treatment
- Airway assessments and sleep apnea
- Full facial and jaw 3D images
Patients can take advantage of a more complete dental treatment with iCAT imaging. Special features for patients include:
- One, 20-second scan typically provides enough data for a complete diagnosis.
- A safer diagnosis with less radiation than traditional CT scanners.
- Increased comfort – patients are seated in an open environment with plenty of space.
- A more cost effective imaging system.
- Doctors can easily share the data with patients, so that patients stay informed and are able to make educated decisions on their course of treatment.
Prosper Family Dentistry is pleased to offer iCAT 3D imaging for patients receiving dental treatment. We will typically provide an initial scan for new patients to review their current dental health and to maintain as a baseline to compare against future scans. Then we provide routine rescans typically every 5 years or as needed if a patient has an immediate dental issue where a new scan is needed for diagnosis.